COVID-19 Communication To Our Foodservice & Retail Customers
To Our Foodservice & Retail Customers:
During these uncertain times, Nueske’s is committed to staying in close communication with you, as a valued partner. We would like to share the current relevant information and detail what proactive steps we are taking to mitigate service disruptions and keep employees and customers safe during the current COVID-19 event:
- Although Wisconsin’s 10-person-or-less gathering rule is not being mandated for manufacturers, we are observing it by taking the following steps:
- Using telecommunications in place of meetings over 10 persons
- Increased physical distancing of seating in common areas such as break rooms, production facilities, and office spaces
- No shared food or beverages, including the cancellation of any company or office potlucks (Wisconsinites love holding potlucks) and inactivating our shared water coolers
- Organoleptic product testing will be conducted only by Nueske’s QA and will no longer be open to other employees, at this time
- We are limiting visitors and screening any essential service people, vendors, or visitors who require entry, using a custom screening questionnaire
- We are posting CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health educational materials in common areas, regarding COVID-19 and best practices for non-transmission and personal safety
- Wipes and/or sanitizers are available in our common areas
- We are working closely with our supply chain to do our best to mitigate potential service disruptions
- We are committed to keeping current with all local, state, and government mandates regarding COVID-19, as they develop
- We understand and respect your decision to cancel or postpone any events that may have been on your company’s calendar, that we may have been involved in, and look forward to being able to reschedule with you, as it becomes advisable.
- Regarding our scheduling:
- We have suspended our attendance program to allow flexibility during this time
- We are developing a flexible schedule to allow us to keep operations running smoothly
- Any employee who exhibits symptoms will not be allowed in the workplace. Symptoms include: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath. Any employee showing these symptoms, who is already in the workplace, will be immediately sent home.
- We are accustomed to operating in an already-stringent food safety environment, giving us a substantial head-start in dealing with sanitation and cleanliness. Members of our Sanitation and Quality Assurance teams are well-versed in areas relating to disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning our facilities accordingly, in addition to keeping our food products safe for all to enjoy.
The last point, above, is of paramount importance to us now and always, as it is part of Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats’ core values. We work hard to provide you and our shared customers with the very best food safety. Please know that we take our BRC audit rating of “AA” very seriously. This rating was earned, again, in December of 2019. BRC (British Retail Consortium) audits are amongst the highest rating systems for quality and are certified through GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative); they are an internationally recognized and standardized third-party, certified audit. Our production facility is vigilant in holding our food safety procedures to the highest standard during this time – as we always do. Whether we are protecting our product and our consumers from foodborne illnesses (COVID-19 is not considered a foodborne illness) or protecting our employees from COVID-19, we are accustomed to taking the utmost care in the areas of cleanliness and sanitation.
Our goal is to continue providing you with excellent food safety and to keep our people, partners, customers, and processes protected, with as little disruption as possible. Our commitment to keeping our employees and others as safe as possible during this unprecedented event is strong, as is our commitment to bringing safe, high-quality smoked meats to the market through retail and foodservice channels.
We are open to any questions or communications you would like to discuss or share with us. We appreciate you as one of our partners. From my family to yours, be safe and be strong as we work together through this trying time.
Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats